OOB core router connectivity wish list

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sun Jan 13 07:42:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:
>> I want OOB with ethernet, MDIX, 100base-TX or 1000base-TX, with DHCP client
>> support.  With a cherry.
>
> and auto configuration that works? :) reliably? with your
> switch/router upstream? :)

Thank goodness ethernet never has problems with
negotiation going awry, and coming up with mismatched
duplexes, and vendors never had to implement
"no negotiation-auto" in their configs because
you couldn't count on everyone's implementations
working together just absolutely perfectly the first
time on bootup.  Yes, it sure is a good thing ethernet
never has issues like that which would cripple your
ability to get a box up and running at 2am.

Matt
PS--while we're at it, can I have a pony?