De-funding the ITU

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sun Jan 13 03:03:57 UTC 2013

Please consider signing this petition:

http://DeFundTheITU.org

…so we can stop paying for both sides of this idiotic fight.  Note that if the U.S. pulls its funding from the ITU, that's 10%, and if all of the countries that stood with us at the WCIT do so, that would be 74% of the ITU's member revenue.  Those of us who support the Internet are paying for three-quarters of the fight against the Internet.  As Smokey the Bear would say, only WE can prevent stupidity.  As Pogo Possum said, "We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us!"  Time to correct that.  Redirect $11M/year from the ITU to Internet governance organizations like the IETF.

                                -Bill