OOB core router connectivity wish list

Nikolay Shopik shopik at inblock.ru
Sat Jan 12 07:10:53 UTC 2013

On 12.01.2013 3:44, Joel jaeggli wrote:
> On 1/11/13 02:44 , Nikolay Shopik wrote:
>> Also getting POTS line in your pop sometimes get tricky. 2G/3G modems
>> with cheap plans cost like 10$/month (dunno about US though), thats
>> almost same as POTS line.
>
> They don't generally have public IPs (that can be arranged). verizon 4G
> cards have ipv6 now but cradlepoint routers for example don't support that.

Sure, I forgetting this, on 2G/3G modems this just cost additional
4$/month. Otherwise reverse tunnel as you saying. One of 4G operators
here is just giving away internet free for now but only 64Kbits, you
only need modem. But you know coverage outside city not that great
(almost non-existent)

> I had reverse tunnel from one of our DC's over a 3/4g usb dongle that
> had a measured availability of less than 50% which oddly I didn't
> consider acceptable.

How is that possible?