OOB core router connectivity wish list

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Jan 10 11:30:28 UTC 2013

On Jan 10, 2013, at 6:15 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> I definitely do not want SNMP and netflow on my disaster recovery OOB network.

Of course you do - else you're deaf, dumb, and blind at precisely the time you most need complete network visibility, i.e., during a disruptive event of some sort.

The ability to type commands via ssh and/or console ports isn't very helpful if one lacks enough context to know what to type, heh.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton