[SHAME] Spam Rats

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Jan 10 04:42:13 UTC 2013

Any moron can run a DNSBL.  Many morons do.  But that doesn't mean
that anyone actually uses them.

>They are yes. Emails are being blocked due to the listing on spamrats.

Please show us a copy of one of the failure messages.  Feel free to
redact any private information, but please leave the IP addresses and
reject messages visible.

R's,
John

PS: In my experience, customers who think that their mail is being
rejected due to a DNSBL we never heard of are almost always mistaken.
A message bounces due to some random reason, they look up their IP on
one of those bazillion DNSBL lookup pages, find some obscure DNSBL
that lists them, and leap to the conclusion that's the problem.