[SHAME] Spam Rats

Julian DeMarchi julian at jdcomputers.com.au
Thu Jan 10 03:10:48 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 01:06 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Who uses it? Or did you see your IP listed in one of those multiple dnsbl
> query sites and contacted them on general principles even though you didn't
> see any actual bounced email that could be traced to a spam rats listing?

Customers use the range. They had a complaint to us that the IP was
listed by spamrats and thus the issue made it to my queue.

> That said, it is best practice to set ptr records even for your unassigned
> ip space

Mail servers do need to have PTRs, but it is my _choice_ if my hosts
that do not send mail have PTRs or not. I would not expect anyone to
block my /24 for lack of PTRs on non-mail-sending hosts.

--julian