Join my network on LinkedIn

Joshua Goldbard j at 2600hz.com
Tue Jan 8 20:22:21 UTC 2013

But what will we complain about now???

Thanks for doing that Alex. We'll see if it works.

Cheers,
Joshua

On Jan 8, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Alex Brooks <askoorb+nanog at gmail.com<mailto:askoorb+nanog at gmail.com>>
 wrote:

Hello all,

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com<mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that there's no legitimate circumstance for member at linkedin.com<mailto:member at linkedin.com>
to be sending to nanog at nanog.org<mailto:nanog at nanog.org>.

Couldn't the list be taught to filter these?

Owen

Since this seems to be causing everyone a lot of stress, I reached out
to LinkedIn today.  I've just had a reply saying that nanog <at>
nanog.org<http://nanog.org> has been added to their "do not contact" list. That means,
assuming their processes work, the address will no longer receive any
emails from LinkedIn or their members though LinkedIn.

If anyone from NANOG management doesn't like this, LinkedIn confirmed
that this block can be revered if required.

Hopefully that will solve the issue and let everyone go back to
running the Intertubes.

Alex