Postini Exiting ISP Business?

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Jan 8 13:51:17 UTC 2013

Hey there.

We have been using Postini for a number of years as our anti-spam/anti-virus
protection for customer email accounts.

Mid last year we received a notice from Google that "In 2013, we plan to
transition your Postini services to Google Apps for Business."

As part of this notice we were also told "You don't need to make any changes
to your Postini service or sign up for a Google Apps account. Your Postini
service will continue as usual until your migration begins. We will be in
touch at least 60 days before your renewal date."

In mid November, Google sent us a letter that stated that we had until the
end of 2013 to basically get off their service or to contact their preferred
partner (Tech Excel) and migrate to Google Apps with them.

Recently we have now been told in email by someone at Postini that we "must
transition ASAP" and that we really only had til the end of 2012.  Geesh,
talk about confusing.. Not a great way to treat a long term customer!

Anyone else getting the complete "run around" by Postini?  We are fine with
leaving them, especially now.  Having said that, I'm interested in hearing
about competitive solutions either in appliances or in cloud based - this is
*not* an invitation for sales people to call me please.

Thanks,

Paul