Gmail and SSL

Peter Kristolaitis alter3d at alter3d.ca
Fri Jan 4 02:18:24 UTC 2013

On 1/3/2013 9:08 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> I am not sure why this would be classified as a feature request. If it
> is impacting you, and you had service before, then is an
> Outage/Defect/Bug, full stop. Describing working service for a
> previously supported scenario as a "feature request" would be beyond
> ridiculous :)

Clouds in the sky tend to look pretty until the day they dump rain on
you and then disappear.  "Cloud apps" are kind of like that.  ;)

Not to say that SaaS doesn't have its place in enterprise architecture,
but one of the things that should have a huge, gigantic neon sign on it
when you're doing your cost-risk-benefit analysis is that you're being
put at the whim of your SaaS provider.  If they make a change that
breaks functionality that only a subset of their clients use, you'd
better hope that one of those clients has enough financial clout with
the provider to make that functionality come back, otherwise you've just
painted yourself into a corner.

- Pete