Gmail and SSL

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jan 3 04:52:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:59:35 -0800, Damian Menscher said:
> Aurora compromised at least 20 other companies, failed at its assumed
> objective of seeing user data, and Google was the only organization to
> notice, let alone have the guts to expose the attack [0].  And you're going
> to hold that against them?

I didn't say that.  What I *said* was "one should *expect* a nation-state
adversary to go after your mail hosting company via multiple avenues of attack,
because it's already been tried before".  Google is indeed one of the better
actors.  But if you're a target, maybe it's time to reconsider whether the
phrase "hosting company" should be included in your environment *at all*.