looking for terminology recommendations concerning non-rooted FQDNs

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Mon Feb 25 18:59:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:10:55AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Brian,
>
> This may be a silly question, but what's your goal here? Your OP was
> about terminology, but the thread has gone down several different
> off-topic ratholes.

That was indeed by original goal, and there have been a couple of
useful suggestions, and I thank this forum for all of the suggestions
and feedback.

I later mentioned why I was pursuing the terminology (use case
surrounding entries in a SAN), and there's some effort to consider
whether or not my issue is really a non-issue.

Which it might be.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large