10 Mbit/s problem in your network

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 01:37:09 UTC 2013

On 2/11/13, Graham Donaldson <graham at airstripone.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 07:55:59PM -0800, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> I personally think you're being unreasonable on the bandwidth and latency
> expectations, Hotel Internet connections are
> there as a convenience rather than some kind of business grade connection.

Hey, the name business grade connection is prejudiced, as if to imply,
that only businesses get it.     I  think the expectation from a
visitor,  is only,  that their internet experience will be comparable
to their home cable/dsl internet.

If it's not... that's fine, but  they should  provide disclosure of
that,   whenever mentioning the feature,  before a reservation could
be made.

Of course there can be no worldwide standard,  but there should be a
standard,  based on what is normal in the country.

If the advertising tells you,   that the room has electric lights, air
conditioning, and cable tv;  you don't want to see   a room that just
has a  9 volt battery,  a little LED lamp, as your light source --  a
portable battery powered fan.
And a single shared television in the lobby,  plugged into a cable
provider that charges a per-minute fee to visitors wishing to see
anything other than channel 3.

--
-JH