home network monitoring and shaping

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Tue Feb 12 22:07:15 UTC 2013

Someone created an application for uverse users that goes into the gateway and pulls relevant information. The information (link retrain, for example) is then color coded for caution and out of range. The application is called up real time, not something peddled by at&t to show how "great" your connection is. People unfortunately believe a speed test is a reliable way to measure a connection quality. There may be utilities out there like this that look at signal levels and statistics to tell the user their connection blows. I believe the uvrealtime application actually shows the provider sending resets as a deterrent for using bit torrent.