IPv6 support by wifi systems

Luke Jenkins ljenkins at weber.edu
Tue Feb 12 17:46:21 UTC 2013

MLD Snooping and IPv6 ACLs are a must. Check to make sure that the solution
allows for many (for your network's definition of many) IPv6 addresses per
host. You'll have at least three per host between link local, global, and
one or more privacy addresses.

I've been providing native dual stack on my Cisco controller based wireless
network for a few years now. IPv6 support was brought up a notch with the
7.2 code release. RA Guard was the obvious big features that was added, but
I also appreciated the addition of ND caching to keep that chatter down.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bae506.shtml#discovery

I've also used some Ruckus gear on an IPv6 network and it seemed to have
all the right knobs and pass all the right IPv6 packets. Though this was on
my home network so I can't speek to their IPv6 scalability (no reason to
doubt it, just wanted to be clear).

Feel free to ping me on or off list about either if you have more specific
questions.

-Luke