Any experience with Grandstream VoIP equipment ?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Feb 11 14:55:04 UTC 2013

Nathan Anderson <nathana at fsr.com> writes:

> Have you played around with the T.38 support on the SPA-1XX line?
> Historically, it has been difficult to find a reasonably-priced,
> bare-bones (1 FXS, no built-in router) ATA that also happens to do
> T.38 well. PAP2T had no T.38 support at all.

T.38 support was the primary reason for choosing that model. Before the
SPA-112, we used SPA-2102 which had the major disadvantage of being a
router. It meant we had to log in to the box to enable provisioning on
the WAN interface (and just hope that no one plugged a cable into the
LAN).

The SPA-112 is a much better solution.

> SPA-112 price looks good, so I'm wondering what the catch is.

So far only one bug found: Sudden 90% fax call failure rate in one
specific setup with 4 ATAs, whereas all the ATAs used by other customers
continued to work fine. Problem solved with firmware 1.3.1.

/Benny