10 Mbit/s problem in your network

fredrik danerklint fredan-nanog at fredan.se
Mon Feb 11 01:13:04 UTC 2013

> *Now* I understand the problem.
>
> Do you really think that the content providers, and the delivery systems
> they purposefully choose for that, actually make that possible, much less
> practical?

(I'm not sure that I understand what you mean with that sentence).

If you mean that a CSP already has an agreement with a CDN, why
should they change it to something else since it works right now
for them?

If this is what you mean, yes the can add TLMC to their mix as well and
continue with whatever they are using today for delivering their
contents.

> Even in your country, much less the countries of, um, North America?

I think that has more to do with the CSP since they are actual needed
in the first place. After that it is the ISP, which in turns adds the
possibility for a end-user/customer/residence to set-up their own
cache server at home.

--
//fredan

http://tlmc.fredan.se