10 Mbit/s problem in your network

fredrik danerklint fredan-nanog at fredan.se
Sun Feb 10 16:33:04 UTC 2013

>> Not to be pedantic, but The Last Mile Cache will actually help you to
>> solve this problem, with a local cache server at the hotel.
>
>> The hotel's ISP must participate in TLMC before they, the hotel, can
>> have a cache server running.
>
> And as a business traveller I want to have the ISP or Hotel cache (aka
> be able to read and for others to be found!) my possibly very
> sensitive corporate documents exactly _why_ ?

Since when have you started to publish your sensitive corporate
documents on public sites, cause that's what's needed for TLMC to
cache your documents in the first place.

Look,

If a CSP (Content Service Provider - where you host your documents)
does not want to have it's content cached, they don't need too. The
cache server(s) at the ISP:s around the world will then _not_ be able
to cache it.

The traffic will in this case, will be loaded directly from the CSP.

> The TLMC concept only
> has possible applications in certain residential settings.

No. It will help the ISP:s to distribute their loads in their network.

> And even
> then it's very debatable as to how it could actually improve instead
> of overcomplicate and deteriorate the entire service along the route.

How about those who have limited bandwidth to the Internet? Like
ferries, trains, buses or satellite links...

--
//fredan

http://tlmc.fredan.se