2-Channel CWDM Add/Drop with SC/APC connectors

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Feb 8 01:04:41 UTC 2013

Years ago I was able to purchase 2-Channel CWDM Plug-In 1-Wavelength
Optical Add/Drop Multiplexors from Finisar with SC/APC connectors on
them, even though they normally only make the SC/PC version shown
here:

FWSF-OADM-1-xx-SC

http://www.finisar.com/products/passives/MUX-DEMUX/CWDM_OADM-1_Plug-in_Module

but they won't do the SC/APC version for me now.

Does anyone know of a good alternative?  There are lots of options for
modular/rack mount 2-Channel CWDM Add/Drops that have SC/PC or LC/PC
connectors made for data networks.  There are also lots of options for
1-Channel SC/APC or LC/APC modules made for CATV applications.  But
I'm having trouble finding 2-Channel versions with APC connectors that
I can use with data equipment + CATV transmission on the same ring.

I know I could combine two separate 1-Channel OADMs, but I prefer the
integrated, modular solution.  A bonus would be to find an alternative
that fits in my existing Finisar 2-slot 1U chassis.

In any case, I'm open to hearing about all options.  Actually, I
already have the 1490nm OADM in the SC/PC version, and I suppose I
could cut off the connectors re-terminate with SC/APC and replace the
bulkhead connectors with the green ones.  My preferred fiber
contractor doesn't have experience with terminating APC connectors
though.  Is it that much harder to terminate the angled connectors?

Thanks,
Chuck