switch 10G standalone TOR, core to DC

Sergey Marunich smarunich at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:54:53 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,
http://www.aristanetworks.com/media/system/pdf/Datasheets/7050S_Datasheet.pdf
Arista 7050S-64 48 x 10GE + 4 x 40 GE, price around 25k$ in gpl.
Large buffers, supports MLAG, DCB, wire-speed L2/L3 (OSPF,BGP), but doesn't have any kind of TRILL implementation.
Have it in production, but for now using for L2 only with MLAG.
As option also can be considered:
Brocade VDX6720, has own TRILL-like protocol to make STP-free topology, also can do L3, DCB but pay attention licensing is painful with Brocade.
Best Regards,Sergey