[rt-users] RT repo packages

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Feb 7 21:15:29 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Darin Perusich" <darin at darins.net>

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> > As a field report, BTW: SuSE 12.1 has no packages at all, even in Packman,
> > and CentOS5 has only rt3 (of unknown release), even with epel and remi.
>
> I'm the request-tracker package maintainer for OpenSUSE and there are
> current packages, rt-4.0.10, available for OpenSUSE 11.4, 12,1 and
> 12.2 in the devel:languages:perl repositories. You can search all the
> SuSE repositories at http://software.opensuse.org/search to find it or
> use the below repo links.

I'll make a note of that, but, for what its worth, I wouldn't expect to
need to look for an end-user application package in a language-specific
repository, which is why I had no idea it was available.  I think you're
shorting yourself by putting it there instead of in the mainline OSS repo.

That said, thanks much for packaging it; it wasn't packaged in past
years, and it was a PITA that it was not.

Cheers,
-- jra