Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

Alex Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:38:31 UTC 2013

On 03/02/13 05:55, Frank Bulk wrote:
> Yes, but IP TV is not profitable on stand-alone basis -- it's just a
> necessary part of the triple play.  A lot of the discussion has been about
> Internet and network design, but not much about the other two "plays".

I've certainly heard FTTH deployers mention that RFoG was important
because of the impact on take-rates, which are typically the key
variable in the economics. A lot of people have installed gear and
subscribed channels and even internal co-ax, and it's helpful if they
can plug it in the "telly port" and the football justworks on all three TVs.