Muni fiber: L1 or L2?

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Wed Feb 6 15:32:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Eric Wieling <EWieling at nyigc.com> wrote:

> Can anyone out there in NANOGland confirm how ILECs currently backhaul
> their DSL customers from the DSLAM to the ILECs IP network?

In the independent space this has been Ethernet for a very long time.  In
the RBOC space its taken longer, but my understanding is that they have
also switched most of their connections.  The only exceptions to this I am
aware of are those AT&T and Verizon territories that are still limited to
g.lite (1.5 mbps) ADSL.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology