AT&T Uverse/DSL Network Engineer DNS question

Tim Haak thaitim43 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:01:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

Can a AT&T Uverse/DSL Network Engineer answer a question about the DNS
server IPs that are handed out to customers please? I am currently testing from
a Florida IP. Can you please let me know if all Uverse and DSL customers
across the United States only use these 2 IPs as their primary and secondary
DNS servers?

68.94.156.1

68.94.157.1

We
provide services based on IP GEO-location. Since the 2 recursive resolvers
below are registered in Texas every DNS query for any of our records return
results that are intended for IPs in that region. In other words, users on the
east coast would actually resolve to a central part of the US or west coast IP.

Thanks
in advance,Tim