Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Mon Feb 4 22:04:54 UTC 2013

> How is that different from what the aggregators that I've already pointed
> out are doing?  Why does anyone need to resell anything, anyway, what we
> are talking about are service providers connected to this muni fiber
> network being able to deliver triple play to their subs.

Its not, that was kind of the point.  What you're pointing out is NOT what
I was saying is problematic.  I work with companies that get there content
from the coop or another aggregator every single day.

This is fine and common as dirt:

Video_content(from an aggregato or direct)--->Muni_operator-->End_user

What I think Jay and some others were suggesting is:

Video_content--->Muni_operator--->End_user AND/OR --->L1/L2
partner--->End_user

That last bit where the content is being delivered to the customer of
another operator that doesn't have a contract with either the content owner
or an aggregator isn't (IMO) possible today.

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology