Will wholesale-only muni actually bring the boys to your yard?

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Sat Feb 2 18:24:22 UTC 2013

On 2/2/13 9:54 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
>> > I would think in this model that the city would be prohibited from
>> > providing those services.
> That is what I just said, yes, Brandon: the City would offer L1 optical
> home-run connectivity and optional L2 transport and aggregation with
> Ethernet provider hand-off, and nothing at any higher layers.

The L0 (ROW, poles & conduits) provider, and
in option #1 L1 connectivity  provider, and
in option #2 L2 transport and aggregation provider,
aka "City"
is also a consumer of "City 2 City" service above L2, and
is also a consumer of "City 2 Subscriber" services above L2.

Creating the better platform for competitive access to the City's
L(option(s)) infrastructure must not prelude "City" as a provider.

Eric