CEF/etherchannel load balancing algorithms or MLPPPoE

Herro91 herro91 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 15:08:02 UTC 2013

Hello,

Looking for feedback/suggestions on a design issue. We have a two ethernet
connections in a port channel between two Cisco routers (ASR1k),
unfortunately we only have one unique flow between traversing the
ether/port channel, so traffic is pinned to just one link.

I'm looking for options including whether one of the algorithms available
for CEF is able to make a load sharing decision if I expose some upper
layer information such as DSCP/ToS to CEF to provide unique flows?

I also have been considering MLPPPoE, but it does not seem to support more
than one member link from what I can tell.

Appreciate thoughts and suggestions.

Best,

-Doug