NSA able to compromise Cisco, Juniper, Huawei switches

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Tue Dec 31 13:05:03 UTC 2013

I think there needs to be some clarification on how these tools get used,
how often they're used, and if they're ever cleaned up when no longer part
of an active operation.  Of course we'll never get that.

The amount of apologists with the attitude "this isn't a big deal, nothing
to see here, the NSA does this kind of thing" is kind of shocking for this
community; especially with the information that's been released over the
past few months.

This whole backdoor business is a very, very, dangerous game.

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net