NSA able to compromise Cisco, Juniper, Huawei switches

Blair Trosper blair.trosper at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 04:41:20 UTC 2013

I'm torn on this.  On one hand, it seems sinister.  On the other, it's not
only what the NSA is tasked with doing, but it's what you'd EXPECT them to
be doing in the role as the NSA.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong...it creeps me out a little,
though...but these are the kinds of things we have demanded that they do
(via our elected representatives).

More to the point, I really doubt the NSA has any interest whatsoever in my
Facebook or Twitter account.  It's probable a means to and end...a
transitory stop on their way to propagating more widely.  They need regular
folks to propagate, but in reality, they likely have zero interest in our
actual accounts at the end of the day.  I think of it a bit like a virus
with a slightly less hysterical outcome/plan.