NSA able to compromise Cisco, Juniper, Huawei switches

Clay Kossmeyer ckossmey at cisco.com
Mon Dec 30 21:18:41 UTC 2013

Hi Folks -

Clay Kossmeyer here from the Cisco PSIRT.

We've published the following document in response to the original (Dec. 29) Der Spiegel article:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityResponse/cisco-sr-20131229-der-spiegel

and are investing the claims in the Dec. 30 Der Spiegel article referencing 'persistent implants' for the PIX and ASA product lines under case number PSIRT-1384943056.

Any vulnerabilities we discover will be disclosed via our standard vulnerability handling process documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/psirt/security_vulnerability_policy.html

I'm not currently subscribed to NANOG, so if you have a reply you'd like me to see, please copy me directly.

Regards,

Clay

-----

Found some interesting news on one of the Australia news websites.

http://www.scmagazine.com.au/News/368527,nsa-able-to-compromise-cisco-juniper-huawei-switches.aspx

Regards,
Steven.