NSA able to compromise Cisco, Juniper, Huawei switches

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Dec 30 10:06:32 UTC 2013

On (2013-12-30 20:30 +1100), sten rulz wrote:

> Found some interesting news on one of the Australia news websites.
>
> http://www.scmagazine.com.au/News/368527,nsa-able-to-compromise-cisco-juniper-huawei-switches.aspx

The quality of this data is too damn low.

Not as bad as this though, http://cryptome.org/2013/12/Full-Disclosure.pdf

I really think we're doing disservice to an issue which might be at scale of
human-rights issue, by spamming media with 0 data news. Where is this
backdoor? How does it work? How can I recreate on my devices?

Large audience already seems to largely be in ignore mode about NSA
revelations, since revelations are very noisy but little signal.

--
  ++ytti