The Making of a Router

sten rulz stenrulz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 07:09:12 UTC 2013

Hello Baldur,

Your design regarding proxy arp for every VLAN might hit some issues. If
you look at the nanog history you will find people having issues with proxy
arp for large number of VLANs, what is your requirement for proxy arp?
Doing something at the access switch will most likely be better for you
such as PVLAN or Brocade IP follow ve statement. If you are planning to put
clients on the same subnet what are you planning to put in place to limit
client stealing each other’s IPs? Only a few Brocade devices support the
ARP ACLs rules which are a really nice feature, IP Source Guard works
reasonable if using a DHCP server otherwise you need to specify the MAC
address. Some other brand switches support filtering the ARP packets per
access port.

Regards,
Steven.