Mikrotik Cloud Core Router and BGP real life experiences?

Nick Olsen nick at flhsi.com
Fri Dec 27 16:00:26 UTC 2013

Exactly what Faisal Said. The BGP process appears to be single threaded at
the moment. So taking on full BGP tables can be a bit slow compared to a
decent X86 box. But in terms of raw forwarding power they are pretty
monstrous.

We replaced a few Maxxwave 6 port Atom's with the CCR. ~400Mb/s and ~40K
pps aggregate across all ports. CPU load went from ~25% to ~0-2%. These are
in a configuration where they have little or no firewall/nat/queue rules.
And in most cases are running MPLS.

We've not had any issues with stability so far either (Knock on wood).

Nick Olsen
 Network Operations
(855) FLSPEED  x106