The Making of a Router

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Fri Dec 27 01:29:35 UTC 2013

Chipsets and drivers matter a lot in the 1G+ range.

I've had pretty good luck with the Intel stuff because they offload a lot
in hardware and make open drivers available to the community.

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net