BGP from Juniper to Cisco ASR

Philip Lavine source_route at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 20:27:19 UTC 2013

I was able to solve the issue by statically routing the connected /29 out the connected interface, that way it overrode the BGP learned route for the same subnet (unfortunately this might have been a multi-homing issue that resulted in asymmetrical routing to the primary peer via the secondary peer, since the secondary peer session was already established). I thought BGP was "intelligent" enough to run the TCP session over the directly connected interfaces on the same subnets. I can understand this being an issue with multihop but not multi-homing.