ddos attacks

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Dec 19 14:08:34 UTC 2013

On Dec 19, 2013, at 8:40 PM, Nick Hilliard <nick at foobar.org> wrote:

> Many hosting profiles don't require this sort of anti-DDoS kit.

My post had nothing to do with 'anti-DDoS kit'.

> I'm sure mitigation boxes like this serve well in many situations if the cost / benefit justifies the expenditure, but as with most things, it's a
> case of applying the best tool for the job rather than blind application of shiny toys.

'Mitigation boxes' like what?

Again, my post had nothing to do with 'mitigation boxes' or 'shiny toys'.  Unless you count routers and switches as 'shiny toys'.

I've never advocated the 'blind application' of any feature, function, mechanism, or 'shiny toy'.

Perhaps you've confused me with someone else.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton