ddos attacks

Peter Phaal peter.phaal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 22:31:26 UTC 2013

Dan,

If you are using sFlow for your measurements, then you might want to take a
look sFlow-RT for DDoS mitigation. The following case study describes how
sFlow and null routing are being used to mitigate flood attacks:

http://blog.sflow.com/2013/03/ddos.html

The analytics engine will detect flood attacks in less than a second and
you can use the embedded scripting API to initiate automated responses. The
following articles contain basic DDoS mitigation scripts - you just need to
replace the block() and allow() functions with calls to expect scripts,
OpenFlow rules, or REST API calls - whatever makes sense in your
environment.

http://blog.sflow.com/search/label/DoS

This is a commercial product, but it's free to try out (no registration
required):

http://inmon.com/products/sFlow-RT.php

Cheers,
Peter