Cisco ADSL2/VDSL2 Voip Router

Nick Cameo symack at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 17:36:00 UTC 2013

> convert to SIP, transcode, or deploy any
> local voice services via the router such as conference bridging. Then you'd
> need something in the ISR/ISRG2 line w/ PVDMs installed.

Very interesting point! We would the router to do some transcoding yes, to take
some load off of the servers. That being said, we were originally looking at a
Cisco 3845 integrated router that allows for PVDM2, or 3900 that allow for
PVDM3 accompanied with VDSL2 and ADSL2 wan interface card.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

N.