turning on comcast v6

George Michaelson ggm at algebras.org
Wed Dec 11 22:47:18 UTC 2013

I am probably closer to consumer behaviour at home than most of you. I
don't regard my home router as a vehicle for hackery beyond clue I can find
on the end user public lists and rarely if ever even apply that, and I run
stock factory billion code on my billion ADSL2+ home gateway.

I just enabled the ADSL2+ profile which had IPv6 and restarted. It came up
immediately with a /56 and I haven't touched it since. I have been using it
to SSH back home quite comfortably with an almost unmodified ACLset to
permit port 22 inbound.

This is on Internode, in Australia.

So, while I fully acknowledge the reality is that for a lot of people,
cable and other complex head-end systems needed change and the experience
of going dual-stack can be painful, I want to assert IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE
and I am proof by example

It just worked.