turning on comcast v6

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Wed Dec 11 15:51:46 UTC 2013

On 12/11/13, 7:11 AM, Eric Oosting wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>
>> Randy Bush wrote:
>>> http://comcast6.net/ tells me that the local cmts is v6 enabled.  my
>>> modem, a cisco dpc3008, is in the supported products list.  so how do
>>> i turn the sucker on?
>>>
>>> randy
>>
>> after a lot of messing about with the massive help of Chris Adams and
>> John Brzozowski, problem solved.  see http://rtechblog.psg.com/
>

> It brings a tear to my eye that it takes:
>
> 0) A long standing and well informed internet technologist;
> 1) specific, and potentially high end, CPE for the res;
> 2) specific and custom firmware, unsupported by CPE manufacturer ... or
> anyone;

it's worth noting that, that cpe works just fine for this purpose with
the manufacturer supplied firmware. so the motivation for doing it this
way lies elsewhere.

If you approach this as consumer rather than futzing with it you'll
probably have a different experience.

At my appartment I have a mot sb6121 and a netgear wndr3700 and comcast
v6 works without apparent effort.