turning on comcast v6
eric.oosting at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 15:11:09 UTC 2013
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> Randy Bush wrote:
> > http://comcast6.net/ tells me that the local cmts is v6 enabled. my
> > modem, a cisco dpc3008, is in the supported products list. so how do
> > i turn the sucker on?
> > randy
> after a lot of messing about with the massive help of Chris Adams and
> John Brzozowski, problem solved. see http://rtechblog.psg.com/
It brings a tear to my eye that it takes:
0) A long standing and well informed internet technologist;
1) specific, and potentially high end, CPE for the res;
2) specific and custom firmware, unsupported by CPE manufacturer ... or
3) hand installing several additional packages;
4) hand editing config files;
5) sysctl kernel flags;
6) several shout outs to friends and coworkers for assistance (resources
many don't have access to);
7) oh, and probably hours and hours twiddling with it.
just to get IPv6 to work correctly.
Yea, that's TOTALLY reasonable.
More information about the NANOG