turning on comcast v6

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Tue Dec 10 12:41:48 UTC 2013

On 12/9/13, 12:34 PM, "Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu" <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu>
wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:51:46 -0500, Cutler James R said:
>
>> According to Comcast's DOCSIS Devices page,
>> http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/?s=3Di&so=1&e=0&d3=1&tier=-1&sc=84
>> the Cisco DPC3008 is not supported for IPv6.  You could always try
>> enabling IPv6 on a system directly connected to the Cisco and see what
>> happens. I'm not optimistic.
>
>That page also says the Zoom 5341 cable modem doesn't do IPv6, although
>the device in my living room says it does indeed do so but its upstream
>refuses to provision it.

While I won't speak to specific device makes/models, we at Comcast add a
device to the v6 list after we have tested and shown that it works. In my
experience, hearing "our device/router/software/whatever supports IPv6²
isn¹t generally specific enough and often doesn¹t mean much until it has
been tested. ;-)

Jason