Caps (was Re: AT&T UVERSE Native IPv6, a HOWTO)

Dave Crocker dhc2 at dcrocker.net
Mon Dec 9 05:34:19 UTC 2013

On 12/8/2013 7:55 PM, Phil Karn wrote:
> It costs you nothing to let people use capacity that would otherwise go
> to waste, and it increases the perceived value of your service.

Sometimes, yes.  Othertimes, perhaps not.

I seem to recall an early bit of research on interactive computing
(maybe by Sackman) that showed user preference for a /worse/ average
response time that was more predictable (narrower range of variance)
than a better average time that was more erratic.

So, stability over throughput, sort of.

d/

--
Dave Crocker