Question related to Cellular Data and restrictions..

Joshua Goldbard j at 2600hz.com
Thu Dec 5 07:59:29 UTC 2013

Tier 1 ISPs engage in settlement-free peering. Everyone else pays for transit.

I had a giant reply about politics but figured I'd save everyone the reading time.

Suffice it to say, the regulatory environment in Wireless is different. It costs more money than their model allows for you to use their service. They are not making the profits they need to and cut the service, it's that simple. Roaming costs money, you're not crazy, this is 2013.

A DS1 and a cellular link are completely different.

Cheers,
Joshua

P.S. A puck with 10GB is a ton of data; I'd also wager you couldn't use the full 10GB on a roaming tower without a warning, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPad