Question related to Cellular Data and restrictions..

Warren Bailey wbailey at satelliteintelligencegroup.com
Wed Dec 4 22:05:23 UTC 2013

All,

I realize this is not exactly relevant to the usual topics on NANOG, but I thought this list was a decent place to ask a question related to cellular data usage limits.

Have any of you experienced or been subjected to a "domestic data roaming policy"? I am a customer of a carrier who advertises "Unlimited Nationwide 4G data", but limits their customers to 50MB per month while traveling in an area they do not have coverage (Alaska, for example). I've never heard of such a policy in regards to a "Nationwide" plan.. I thought the entire idea of saying nationwide was to represent you were covering the ENTIRE NATION.

Happy to receive replies on or off-list.

Thanks!
//warren