Naive IPv6 (was AT&T UVERSE Native IPv6, a HOWTO)

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 20:33:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Brian Dickson
<brian.peter.dickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> IF deployed by operators correctly, the global routing table should be 1
> IPv6 route per ASN.
> However, that is only feasible if each ASN can efficiently aggregate
> forever (or 50 years at least).

and if your capacity between 2 asn endpoints is always able to handle
the traffic load offered, right? else you start having to
traffic-engineer... which today means deaggregate (or announce some
more specifics along with the aggregate).

I'm not sure I'd make a bet that I can always have enough capacity
between any two asn endpoints that I wouldn't need to TE.