AT&T UVERSE Native IPv6, a HOWTO

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Dec 2 23:06:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013, Ricky Beam wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:59:51 -0500, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
>> ... A simple RA/DHCP option could do this.
>
> Great.  Now I have to go upgrade every g** d*** device in the network to
> support yet another alteration to the standards.

The standards orgs shot us all in the foot by not including an RA option
in DHCPv6 from day one.

> It turns out to be a mark-up of over 200x their annual cost (and they charge
> that per month) -- so it's a significant income stream. (how many people are
> buying, they aren't saying.)

Verizon hits me up for something like an extra $20/month to get a static
IPv4 address for my Fios service, plus I had to buy a business service to
get it.  Worse than the mark-up on wine at a nice restaurant ;)

jms