AT&T UVERSE Native IPv6, a HOWTO

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:39:39 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Leo Vegoda <leo.vegoda at icann.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Darren Pilgrim wrote:
>
>> On 11/28/2013 1:07 PM, Leo Vegoda wrote:
>> > Is a /60 what is considered generous these days?
>>
>> Comcast only gives you a /64.
>
> That could be awkward for anyone who wants to run a separate LAN for
> wired and wireless. I hope it's only temporary.

Comcast (at least in my area) gives out up to a /60 to
residential customers (if requested by the IA-PD option),
although the default is /64.  As I understand it, there
was an issue earlier in the year (in one of their vendors
software) that forced them to only offer a /64 for a time.
I seem to recall that they stated two/three months
ago that "most" areas now support /60 requests.

I still think a /60 is too small for future home networking,
and I hope to see at least a /56 at some point.