Is there a method or tool(s) to prove network outages?

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Sun Dec 1 18:40:44 UTC 2013

Sina,

I'd recommend using Zenoss to monitor the remote end of the link at
least with /Status/Ping.  You'll get alerts when Zenoss can't ping
across the link, and may be able to set up SNMP traps on your router for
the link itself going down.

DISCLOSURE: I work for Zenoss, however I used Zenoss core long before
they decided to pay me money.

Good luck with dealing with your ISP, it's _ALWAYS_ a pain in situations
like this.

Andrew