looking for hostname geographic hint validation

Bradley Huffaker bhuffake at caida.org
Fri Aug 30 22:25:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 02:45:09PM -0700, Matthew Petach wrote:
> Hitting 93% accuracy is actually pretty mindblowing
> from my perspective, given how random some of
> the naming choices are.  ^_^;

This is the number of times we think we have an answer and it is wrong.
It does not include the number of times we failed to find an answer that
is there.  Although we have plans to search for nonstandard names in the
future, we curreently do not look for them and so can't get them wrong.

--
    the value of a world model is not how accurately it captures reality
    but how often it leads us to take appropriate action