Evaluating Tier 1 Internet providers

Eric A Louie elouie at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 08:18:03 UTC 2013

how is that really much different than "reachability"?  If I look at my present Netflow results, it's actually a pretty amusing mix - lots of Netflix traffic (bear in mind we're a business ISP, not residential), Google (probably YouTube in there, I haven't dissected it thoroughly), Amazon, Yahoo, Microsoft/MSN, and that's all covered in the peering fabric connection.  Outside of that, some private VPN-type traffic, I don't see a lot of government networks, just "normal" Internet browsing and email.

Since I'm not at the Data Center much, I don't interact with the other customers there.  (It's 150 miles away)  Due to non-disclosure, the Data Center gang aren't much going to share their customer contact info with me.  But it's a nice thought, for sure.

-e-